Come join in the fun of growing your own food. Grow free, fresh, healthy vegetables grown your way.
Pollinators abound in the garden, with fruit trees and a diverse native flower garden in the center of the gardening area. We have a shaded picnic area, and we also have an innovative composting outhouse that we built, designed by water systems designer Roger DeHaan, with nearly all of the materials donated by local building supply businesses. (That compost is not for use in the garden, however.)
The garden is located on 5th Ave., just west of the town of Victor.
- 20' x 20' plots with excellent sun exposure surrounded by a deer-proof fence.
- Compost, mulch, and tools.
- An automated watering system that waters every night
- A paid garden manager who is always happy to help new gardeners.
- organic methods
- an annual fee of $35 per plot for the year/season.
The garden was started in 2011 when Sustainable Living Systems received grant funds and formed an agreement with the Bitterroot Church of the Nazarene to develop one acre of their pasture land for a community garden. A well was dug, a deer-proof fence was built, and an automated sprinkler system was installed. The garden was opened for business in April 2012.
To reserve a plot, give Jill a call at 406-360-1751 or contact her here.