2024 Programs and Activities
Mission Statement: We are people taking action to mitigate and adapt to the impacts of climate change in the Bitterroot Valley, acting with respect and civility to all.
- Working with local schools to encourage climate science education and resilience
- Producing eight e-newsletters to inform our membership about current issues and BCAG activities
- Sponsoring the Chapter One/BCAG Book Club on climate science topics
Resilience & Mitigation
- Purchasing and distributing portable HEPA air purifiers to seniors, young mothers and people with respiratory difficulties
- Following up on the 2023 Bitterroot Resilience Forums to engage nonprofits, agencies and businesses in planning for climate change in the Bitterroot Valley
- Participating in the Fire in the Root meetings to bring climate issues forward in the update of the Community Wildfire Protection Plan (CWPP)
- Sponsoring our volunteer Hwy 93 cleanup project in April and in October
- Advocating with local elected officials to influence local policy and planning
- Preparing and coordinating BCAG input into the USFS NEPA process to bring climate science considerations to forest management decisions
- Alerting the BCAG membership to take action on critical climate change issues requiring local public comment and advocacy
Hope & Community
- Operating the Victor Community Garden program for hands-on community participation in building local food resilience in our valleythe Victor
- Presenting BCAG’s Annual Meeting in October 2023 to elect the new board and draw feedback and input from members Community Garden program for hands-on community participation in building local food resilience in our valley
- Talking to our members at Pint Night at Higherground Brewing
Won’t you help BCAG continue our work in the community?
We’re raising money now for our top priorities:
- Wildfire Smoke Adaptation Program – Distributing portable HEPA Air Filtration units to disadvantaged seniors, young mothers and residents with respiratory issues, cosponsored with the Fire in the Root Council
- Educational Events and Programming – Supporting and promoting climate science education in our local schools and developing youth leadership on climate
Bitterroot Climate Action Group is a 501(c)(3) public benefit nonprofit.
To donate click here